The options are numerous when it comes to planning your outdoor space. But when considering functional elements that fill the need for lounging outdoors, pergolas tend to be trending in popularity right now.
When it comes to landscape supplies Campbelltown professionals say pergolas have become a standout feature. Demand has grown over the years, and landscaping experts expect numbers to keeping increasing. Pergolas create a shaded space outdoors, while adding definition and character to the home. And if you live in an area with punishing sun, a pergola can turn an uncomfortable area into a cozy comforting nook. There are several reasons homeowners choose pergolas over other landscaping elements:
1. Create a defined space: a pergola can add definition to your backyard. You can create an entertainment room or a dining room, which is deep, especially if you do not have a terrace or patio. If you want to add definition and character to your outdoor area, installing a pergola is a great solution.
2. You create privacy: you like the outdoors but not necessarily being put on display, then you can create your own privacy shield. To find more comfort in your outdoor space, install a pergola. Although it is an open structure, you can create privacy by adding curtains, blinds or screens to one side of the pergola.
3. Carve out new space for miniature trees and plants: you can carve out more garden space in your outdoor area with a pergola. You can display large container plants and works of art with various colors. A pergola is also suitable for plants such as clematis, honeysuckle, ivy, wisteria and vines as they grow from the base and can create a awe-inspiring roof as they intertwine on the boards.
4. They give protection and shade to the elements: installing a pergola can provide you with that beautiful shaded area where you can enjoy the summer days without worrying about sunburn. Climbing flowers growing up and around the natural wood of the pergola creates a relaxing outdoor lounge. There are also pergolas that have an optional canopy that you can open and close as needed.
5. They add value: according to experts, you can install a pergola adding up to 20 percent of value to your home with an attractive garden design. Unlike gazebos, pergolas are extremely affordable, but they can add immense value to your home. Add a lot of beauty and interest to your outdoor area, so it’s a poignant asset if you decide to sell your home.
Transforming Outdoor Space
And as far as aesthetics, there is no doubt that wood is special. It is in itself a decorative element that transitions effortlessly with the outdoor environment. It accentuates the external facade of the home, and in terms of decoration, the possibilities are many. It offers a natural touch that can be complimented with plants, flowers and, if your land allows it, with some trees. It’s ideal for those looking to create ambiance with a central focus.
These structures are an easy approach to transforming your outdoor space, and they not only add appeal to backyards, but become an extension of your living area.